The best is yet to come...

Magic...love..and prayers...God made everything happen...He let love to flow so freely that it comes so natural for us to love each other.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Final Judgment Part2

This is the continuation of our suppliers rating. I didn't know na the 2nd part wasn't posted

DzuneJenn’s Suppliers rating
Married on a bright and fresh new day of November 23, 2005
At Our Lady of Remedies Parish (Malate Catholic Church)

Legend:

10 highest, 1 lowest
+++++++ - Exceeded expectations
***** - Supplier got from w@w

Waiters - 10+++++++

Waiters and generally all the staff during the reception was really helpful and maasikaso, when we arrived at Villa while waiting for us to be called for the grand entrance, they immediately served us ice tea, without us asking them to, di ba nakakatuwa yun na alam nila we were at the ceremony for an hour and siguro naisip talaga nila that no one offered us a drink.

Tapos while we were having dinner lahat even the pritchon they served us and they even remembered to ask us before nila binalot ang left over food kung sa ilang family i-didivide and then when we told them na divide it into two and sinabi namin kanino ibibigay pati yung cake was divided into two and then I had special instructions that there are certain tables to be served softdrinks, lahat nabigyan din and I also requested for the guests served cake with their coffee and nasunod naman because I asked our guests and natikman naman daw nila ang cake.

Then during the cake,wine, dove ceremony they are the one who guides us where to stand and what to do and they are all really presentable yung head waiter pa nga nila me hitsura and me personality, for the dove ceremony, I was thinking ayoko na ito gawin dahil I don’t want to hold the dove but without asking them to, binalutan nila ng napkin yung dove so I can hold it, oh and my tip for the future Villa Immaculada brides, na nakalimutan ko nga because my AE wasn’t cooperative enough and she is nowhere to be found, if you are planning to have the dove ceremony don’t do it inside Villa Immaculada because they don’t allow you to really release the dove because of the ceiling drapes, it might be ruined di ba. I guess the best time to release it is after the ceremony na lang upon your recessional at the church. That way you can really release the doves and outdoor pa and they are free to fly talaga.

Oh and lastly, talaga maasilkaso mga waiters’ ng Tamayo’s catering after the reception before we had our pictorials and I was sitting at one of the tables and waiting for Chito to finish setting up his studio lights for our pictorial the headwaiter came and served us with water, nakakatuwa naman talaga.




AE (Pla) – 1

Hay eto naiinis ako dito, actually I don’t know if I can blame my AE Pla, initially she isn’t the AE assigned to me, it was Ms. Jinky Martinez talaga but 2 months before our wedding Jinky resigned and my account was transferred to Ms. Pla. She called me up informing me na siya na nga ang AE ko, and she never even asked if I would like to meet her ako pa nag-initiate nun and when I met her once, akala ko dito din siya nag-o-office sa malapit sa amin pero hindi pala, sabi nya paiba-iba daw siya ng office sabi ko pano yan eh I prefer yung malapit sa akin kasi nga gusto ko mapupuntahan ko anytime maisip ko na meron ako kailangan its one of the reason why I chose Tamayos kasi lalabas ka lang ng backgate ng Letran andun na ang office, sabi ni Ms. Pla I just give her my number so we can communicate easily pero each time I text her naku antagal sumagot and minsan mapipilitan akong tawagan siya sasabihin nya wala siyang load. Then ako pa ang nakaisip na mag-paschedule na ng food tasting, talagang ramdam na ramdam ko na hindi ako inaasikaso ewan ko lang baka dahil nga hindi ako under talaga nya pero di ba I should be treated same as her other handled accounts because I deserve it. Medyo bumait lang sa akin itong tao na to kasi nalaman nya that my Tita is a close friend of Mr. Tamayo. Pero isa pang palpak nitong si Ms. Pla, is Mr. Tamayo offered us a huge discount on the upgrade of the setup of Villa Immaculada which I declined, so I texted Pla, na wag na nya i-upgrade, etc., she didn’t acknowledge my text nor did she call me up to acknowledge it, siguro come our wedding day and upgraded ang flowers sisisihin ko talaga siya. And on our wedding day itself, nakalimutan ang garter sa Tita ko na modista so alam ko meron sa kanila nun so I texted Pla, wala man lang reply binigay ko pa hotel number pero walang tawag so last minute I asked my sister to just buy it, pagdating namin sa Villa here comes Pla me dalang garter, so sabi ko meron na. That was the last time I saw her, ni hindi ko siya nakita during the reception or after.




14. CAKE – Judy Uson (CakeArtist)
Included in Tamayos Catering Package

RATING: Appearance – 10
Taste - 7

The cake was nice, color white fondant with yellow green and aquablue flowers. Masarap din naman not too sweet and not bland, pero hindi ko masasabi na ang sarap yung tipong mouth watering pag naaalala mo I chose carrot flavor, kaya lang I don’t know if it is because it is included in the package kaya parang napakaliit nung cake na nasa loob and angkapal ng fondant tapos malaki yung styro na pinapatungan ng cake, mas malaki pa sa cake. And ewan ko ba siguro this is my AE’s fault bakit hindi nila maintindihan na iba ang yellow green sa yellow at green kasi sabi ko white fondant with yellow green and aquamarine blue flowers pero nung andun na sa reception yung cake ko merong yellow flowers. If you have the budget to spare siguro order na lang kayo ng ibang cake tutal wala naman corkage pero kung di naman priority maganda naman and ok naman ang lasa nung cake na kasama sa package nila.

15. BRIDAL CAR– Mercedez Benz 240E(?)
Included in Tamayos Catering Package

I cannot exactly remember what model, originally I chose the Nissan Cefiro for our bridal car because I was thinking it’s a newer model compared to a benz pero last minute sabi ni Pla and sabi din ng ibang friends mas classic daw ang benz so yung nagbago ako.

Maaga dumating sa hotel ang bridal car though sabi ko kay Pla 315pm ang pick-up time eh maaga pa din dumating and meron na nga setup na flowers, ang hindi ko alam kasama pala sa time limit na 3 hours ba yung use ng kotse yun pag aga dating sa hotel so at 230 counting na yung 3 hours ko kaya paghatid sa amin sa Villa Immaculada sinisingil na ako ng additional 500. I don’t want to argue so I just asked my husband to pay.

Roomy naman kahit paano yung Benz and hindi naman ako nainitan pero hindi din ganun kalakas yung aircon and I say that its roomy because I didn’t have a hard time sa pagsakay at pagbaba, with the bulky train that I have.



16. WEDDING RINGS – Talag’s Goldsmith
Contact Person: Sammy Talag
Office Address: Gagalangin Tondo
Tel. No’s.: 253-8227
Peso Power: Php 13,500 14k two tone (white gold and gold) wedding band with 5pcs. Precious stone each
RATING: 10+++++++


Maganda and makapal ang wedding rings namin mabigat and pulido pagkagawa, Mr. Talag has been making jewelries for years ito talaga ang hanapbuhay nya and when you visit his shop makikita mo na mga gamit nya sinauna and sa tingin ko sa tagal nya na ginagwa eh he really gives his best into it. Madami nagpapagawa ng wedding rings sa kanya and mabilis siya magtrabaho, we went there September 13 I think and on September 26 gawa na yung rings namin and nakita na namin siya but we had decided to palagyan ng bato yung sing-sing namin and at first iniisip ni Mr. Talag na baka masira yung engraving pero nagawan naman nya ng paraan. Kasama na din pala sa service nya ang engraving.








And pinakita namin yung rings namin sa ibang kaibigan na marunong tumingin ng alahas, yung white gold sa rings namin white gold talaga kasi sa iba ka pagawa after a while the white turns back into gold kasi nga tinubog lang siya. So masayang-masaya ako sa rings namin and katerno pa siya ng engagement ring ko. With regards the amount we paid medyo mura na siya pero I am not really sure kapag si Mr. Talag ang magpo-provide ng lahat ng gold, kasi in our case some of the gold was given to us by my mother in law.If you are familiar with the Gagalangin area maganda pagawa sa kanya, makalampas lang siya ng St. Joseph’ s almost infront of Nanay’s Pancit Malabon yata yun.



17. PROGRAM EMCEE FOR RECEPTION – ***** Mallory Cosio
Contact Person: Mallory Cosio
Office Address: #30-C Saint Joseph St. Paradise Village, Q.C.
Tel. No’s.: 453-0327
Mobile No.: 0928-7763425
E-mail: ms_mallory@yahoo.com
Peso Power: Php 3,500

RATING: 10+++++++

This is one decision I made na hindi ko pinagsisihan, to book Mallory as reception emcee. All praises for Mallory ang mga guests and my friends who are to get married was all asking for her number because they wanted to book her too for their wedding.

Our relatives from the US was all saying “ang galing ng DJ nyo!” clear voice energetic and she really draws the crowd to participate in the games and all. I never really got to talk again with her after the initial meeting we had when I paid the reservation fee, she emailed me the games and yung programme itself and all instructions to provide names, have this and that ready like she was asking for profiles of the PS pero hindi ko nabigay so she just make do with our misalette and then before the program started sabi ko, Mallory I wanted to do the bouquet carousel for the games but I the throw away bouequet didn’t have ribbons attached to it, sabi nya, “Ok ako bahala” and all throughout the program, no dull moments! Last minute Dzune and I decided na for our couples dance isasayaw namin all our Ninongs and Ninangs and some of our Ninongs left the table, Mallory went around and asked Dzune’s cousins, my brothers, to dance with me until maisayaw ni Dzune lahat ng Ninangs and kami na ulit ang sasayaw. Highly recommended si Mallory!

18. MUSICIAN FOR CHURCH & RECEPTION – Velvet Mood
Contact Person: Edwin Silangcruz
Tel. No’s.: 287-4563
Mobile No.: 0927-2607518 / 0917-9201620
E-mail: velvetmusicale@yahoo.com
Website: www.velvetmood.com
Peso Power: Gift from my broher in law, he got special rate kasi kasamahan

RATING: 10+++++++

Bait ito si Edwin, sobra. When I inquired about their services, he was at a hospital recuperating from a motorcycle accident pero he is so nice to entertain pa din my inquiries, when he was discharged tinext nya ako agad sabi nya pwede ko na siya tawagan sa office and nung nakausap ko sya sabi nya gusto nya daw ako matulungan.

On our wedding day, lahat ng guest sinasabi na ang galing nila Edwin! Until a few weeks after our wedding, hindi pa din nila malimutan ang Velvet Mood. The night before our wedding I simply texted Edwin na siya na bahala sa lahat and hindi naman ako binigo. Highly recommended and some of my friends who got married got them na and sabi nila binigyan naman sila ni Edwin ng good deal.


19. Pritson – *****Charlie’s Pritson
Contact Person: LJ
Tel. No’s.: 426-5501 / 921-0405 / 921-0415
Peso Power: Php 4,000 plus Php 200 delivery charge

RATING: 10

Got this supplier from Benz (Thank you Benz!!!) I think, she got them for her in-laws golden wedding celebration yata yun.

My rating here is based on our guests comments na masarap daw yung pritson. I really don’t know why but I hardly ate during the reception. My friends said that the pritson was so much better than the ordinary lechon because hindi daw nakakaumay ang pritson dahil it is wrapped like sa soft taco. Maganda din ang presentation nya ( I remembered being served…) tapos nakita ko when I arrived sa Villa chopped na siya and mukha naman talaga na sinulit to be able toserve everyone kasi buto-buto na lang nasa table eh.

Madali magreserve at first I was worried that they might not come to deliver kasi wala naman akong downpayment/reservation man lang. I called and talked with a certain LJ (certain kasi I never got to meet her he he) she asked when function, where, asked if I wanted the pritson to be served as appetizer or as main course. Then she told me that it would be delivered on the day of the function mga 30 mins before daw kasi bago daw yun and someone will be there to chop/prepare it, sabi ko pa nga waiters in Tamayos can take care of it pero she kindly told me na mas ok kung sila kasi meron mga sauces and iba nga ang presentation siguro pag sila kasi sila ang mas nakakaalam. I asked my friend to pay them after the function, wala naman problem they even gave me a receipt.


20. BEAUTY REGIMEN
a. Teeth Whitening and other dental needs – Dra. Joyce Manalo-Cañon
Contact Person: Dr. Don or Dra. Joyce Cañon
Address: Puso ng Maynila Arcade
United Nations Avenue Manila
(landmark: it’s the same building kung saan andun ang Banco de Oro sa kahabaan ng U.N. Avenue)
Tel. No’s.: 523-0224
Mobile No.: 0917-4908768
Peso Power: special rate because she’s my friend!

RATING: 10+++++++

Hindi naman maitim ang ngipin ko, he he pero sabi ni Joyce maganda daw sa picture pag nagpawhitening so I tried it, she gave me a kit for the whitening and applied it for s week or two until the kit ran out. Kailangan matiyaga ka lang, minimum of two hours a day, at first medyo mangingilo ngipin mo pero mawawala din pagtagal. And buti na lang nagpawhitening din ako kasi confident ako sa smile ko come my wedding day!

Highly recommended, visit their clinic, mabait ang husband and wife team na ito. Joyce also does ortho works (yun nga bay un?) , yung mga braces, retainers etc.

b. Peeling – Dra. Olivia Ocson
Address: Marikina, PM me for the exact address in case you are interested. Basta malapit ito sa St. Clara Church kasi I remember we offered eggs before going in her clinic. So its like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone, nakapagpaderma ka na and naka-offer ka pa ng prayers kay Sta. Clara.

Peso Power: Php 3,760

RATING: 10+++++++

My friend recommended Dra. Ocson, sabi nya yung mga ibang celebrities’ daw who models for Belo and etc. dito din nagpapaderma kaya naengganyo naman ako. Medyo mahirap siya puntahan kung wala kang sasakyan because the clinic is inside a Village kasi yun din ang house ni Dr. Ocson.

They cleaned my face, meron din pala akong warts na akala ko wala lang and she removed that hindi na naman bumalik sabi nila sa iba daw kasi bumabalik and sabi ni Dra. Ocson madami daw bride to be siyang nagiging clients na nirerecommend sa kanya ng mga gumagawa ng gowns nila. Maganda yung cleaning, ramdam mo talaga na linis ng face mo, then she applied the peeling cream and the next day my face was red and peeling talaga tapos after that lahat nakakapansin na mamula-mula ang face ko, parang meron kang blush. Maganda din gamitin yung peach soap nya. Sayang nga lang hindi na ulit ako nakabalik pero I recommend her sa mga naghahanap ng derma and sana kayo bumalik kayo he he.


21. Hair ACCESSORIES – *****Rio Tiaras
Contact Person: Rio Escolin
Address :# 106 Small Horshoe Drive, Horse Shoe Village Q.C.
Tel. No’s.: 412-6640
Mobile No.: 0917-5302341
E-mail: resph99@yahoo.com
Peso Power: Php 1,000 for 6 pcs. Rhinestones & flowers pins

RATING: 10+++++

Happy ako from the pins I got from Reggie. Kasi even the hairstylist Ogie said ngayon lang siya nakakita ng kaibang pins sa dami ng naayusan nya. It served the purpose as my hair accessory at the same time it held my veil in place all throughout the ceremony and at the reception I removed my veil para kita yung pins.

Quite expensive but as Reggie pointed out compared to tiaras, I can wear this pins for other functions I might be attending in the future and not just store it with my other pharaphernalias. Bait pa si Ms. Reggie, she helps you choose, asks necessary questions such as ano beadworks ng gown para maibagay nya and she will ask you if you have a particular budget and she can work on that. In my case I don’t want to go back though she offers like in my case I can pick it up daw in Sari-Sari Glorietta kung magpapacustom make ako ng hair accessory.

22. AVP – Phonam Gatela
Contact Person: Phonam
E-mail: phonam@yahoo.com, phonam@gmail.com
Peso Power: free!! Pho is a good friend and classmate sa college


Long before Dzune and I planned to get married sabi ko isang magandang AVP ang gagawin ko. Pero siguro nga sa dami ng inaaasikaso and from the start of the preps sabi na ni Phonam siya gagawa ng AVP ko, simple lang pero maganda ang effects and editing ang gawa ni Pho dahil that time she was busy editing the movie
Exodus and nakakulong siya sa hideout nila he he….simple as it is, it was able to capture the audience attention naman kasi most of them were our relatives and what I did dahil madami talaga pictures si Dzune lalo na is we showed them pictures of us halimbawa nung maliit kami kasama this particular tita or tito then kasunod nun yung present picture namin with the same tito/tita, ganun din with cousins, una muna nung mga bata at uhugin kami tapos yung nagbibinata/nagdadalaga and then yung most recent photo that we have with them, kasi gusto talaga naman maipakita yung tagal ng friendship, and yung role nila sa buhay namin, ganun, and yun tawanan kasi yung ibang tito’s me buhok pa nuon tapos kalbo pa, yung mga ibang kaibigan payat pa nuon tapos laki-laki na ngayon, ganun.


23. GUESTSHEETS – Gigi Gallano
Contact Person:
Ghie
E-mail: gigigallano@yahoo.com
Peso Power: free!! Ghie is a good friend and classmate sa college


Si Gigi my saviour! Originally I want a calendar for our giveaways kasi I want it to be useful and even if it will only last for a year at least it will serve its purpose, but due to unexpected situations prior to wedding day hindi ko na nagawa mag-layout and my friend offered to layout the guestsheets for me, sabi ko kahit man lang guest sheets kasi pinaalis ko sa package namin with Tamayos ang signature frame (it was replaced with 2 bottles of wine that was served to the Principal Sponsors table)

Simple layout patterned from our invites ang ginawa ni
Ghie. compared to other guest sheets meron itong mga questions na pwede nila sagutan so they don’t just simply sign their names and meron ding mga blank ones for their messages in case feel nila sulatan kami. I got this idea from a fellow w@wie .


24. EFFECTS – Party / Confetti poppers


168 Mall in Divisoria! Ang ganda ng effect for a few hundred bucks, we bought 2 small na red ang tube nya and 1 big tube na color violet. I was thinking of having these confetti popped sa recessional namin sa church isip ko kasi the façade of Malate Church was really old, I was thinking that it would look good in the photos yung me confetti thrown over us upon our exit kasi contrast talaga yun sa façade ng Malate kasi makulay yun right? But I don’t know mas lito pa ata mga brothers and sister ko they cant find the tubes sa likod ng kotse kaya sa reception na lang. Ganda pa din ng effects, during our dance! And you know what naisip ko, if you are buying these tubes yung red ones yung yung makikintab ang laman and yung violet ang colorful ones, ang ganda ng effect kasi combination of shiny pieces of papers and colorful ones.


25. MOM’s DRESSES – Bobby Novenario
Address: SM North Edsa
2nd floor
Peso Power: Php 2,900 per dress


Bought my Mommy’s dress and my Mother in law’s off the rack kasi gusto ng Nanay ni Dzune pareho sila ng Mommy ko, and for her ang maganda lang ng fit sa kanya eh yung works ni Bobby Novenario. Pero my sister Juliet ayaw naman pumayag na pareho sila kasi ng ayaw namin that they look like twins and one more thing is that yung mga abay nga hindi magkakapareho ng style tapos sila pa. We bought it at SM North Edsa yung shop nya sa second floor, we just look for similar style ng damit, and though my Mom doesn’t want to wear a cream/ecru colored dress and gusto dapat nya eh yung color ng motif namin eh walang magawa kasi there was no dress available in our motif color that time, maganda bumili sa Bobby Novenarion kasi if you need some alterations on the dress they can do it for free. Like for my Mom, blouse and skirt kasi damit nya, ok na yung skirt pero maluwag yung blouse kasi ampayat nya they altered it kaya sure ka na hindi mawawala sa porma yung damit. Same with my mother in law, tama yung fit ng upper part ng dress nya but needs adjustment with the hip part eh ginawa din nila.

Happy naman si Mommy and si Nanay with their dresses simple yet elegant. Kay Mommy hindi naman siya nagmukhang matanda sa color. And for my Nanay bagay sa kanya ang cut and maganda nga ang fit sa kanya though medyo “me katawan” siya.


26. WEDDING RESOURCES –
a. www.weddingsatwork.com
b. WeddingsAtWork@yahoogroups.com

RATING: 10+++++++++++

Thank you to John and Benz for coming up with this website. Truly this is a bride’s haven. I am so thankful for being a part of this yahoo group of beautiful brides to be, our wedding wouldn’t be this beautiful if not for this group. Thank you so much! Words are not enough to express my thanks to you and I hope makakabawi ako sa inyo lahat in my own small way.




2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Hi I read your Blog, Its very Informative. Could you please post also the address of the Derma Dra. Ocson

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Hi I read your Blog, Its very Informative. Could you please post also the address of the Derma Dra. Ocson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home